ClarinetFest® 2019: 5 Day Trips to Take from Knoxville
by Jenny Maclay
If you’re looking to do a little exploring before, during, or after your time at ClarinetFest® 2019 in Knoxville, Tennessee, you don’t have to look far. There are countless locations within just a few hours drive. Here are a few day trips to consider:
- Nashville. The state capital of Tennessee is great for music lovers! Learn more about country music by visiting the Grand Ole Opry House and other historic venues such as the Ryman Auditorium.
- Chattanooga. At the foothills of the Appalachian Mountain, Chattanooga is a beautiful city with much to offer. Go spelunking in Ruby Falls, climb Lookout Mountain, or visit the famous Chattanooga Choo Choo.
- Gatlinburg. Marvel over the majestic Great Smoky Mountains as you stroll through the picturesque town. Visit Ober Gatlinburg, the Space Needle, and SkyLift Park.
- Pigeon Forge. You won’t run out of things to do in this exciting town! Visit Dollywood, Dolly Parton’s very own amusement park, along with several other attractions such as dinner theaters and outlet malls.
- Huntsville, AL. Huntsville (aka the Rocket City) is known for aerospace engineering and is home to NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center. Nature lovers can visit Monte Sano State Park and the Botanical Gardens.