“A Day in the Life of …” is a new series on Clarinet Chronicles to show a typical day in the life of clarinetists in different sectors of the clarinet industry. If you would like to be featured, please contact us on social media.
French clarinetist Philippe Cuper is the principal clarinetist of the Opéra National de Paris and is an international soloist. Here is his typical daily schedule:
- Between 7 and 7.30: wake up and have a café and a baguette or croissants
- 9.00: I leave for rehearsal.
- 10.00-13.00: Rehearsal
- 15.00-18.00: Sometimes I also have rehearsal at the Opera. Some afternoons or even some entire days I teach at the Versailles Conservatory.
- 18.30-18.45: Arrive at the Opera ( Bastille or Garnier)
- 19.30: Opéra or ballet or concert until 22.30-23.00. (When we play Wagner we finish around 23.30-23.45).