Please note, due to Covid-19, the Organizing committee made decision that the JSFest: Instrumental music Competition will be held ON-LINE this year (25. – 28.11.2022).
REGULATIONS FOR HOLDING JEAN SIBELIUS INTERNATIONAL ON-LINE INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC COMPETITION
November 25 – 28, 2022
Organizer: The International Cultural Association of Turku (Turun kansainväliset kulttuurimarkkinat yhdistys ry) in collaboration with the Finnish company
SEM Consulting Oy.
Soloists and collectives of all levels of experience and ages from different countries can take part in the competition.
The competition shall be held remotely, in the absence of contestants.
Deadline for applications is October 1, 2022.
The application form can be found on the website www.jsfestcompetition.com.
Applications are to be sent by email to [email protected] .
After receiving an application org.commettee will send to the contestant a personal registration number and an invoice for payment.
Please, note: Separate application for each nomination!
The participants, who are going to take part in the competition, must send to the Organizing Committee via e-mail [email protected] the following documents before October 5th:
• a photo of the contestant
• a short creative biography (text about the participant, 8-10 sentences)
• a photocopy of passport or birth certificate
• competition videomaterials (YouTube links)
Video recording requirements:
• The video recording must be made no earlier than January 1, 2020. It is allowed to use both professional and amateur video recordings, incl. from various concert venues, subject to all other requirements.
• The competitor sends all materials under the registration number.
• Competitive video material can be presented:
1) in the form of one video recording, i.e. all works are performed in succession one after another and the recording should be made in one file without interruption and editing. Pauses in recording between compositions are allowed. The video recording must be signed as follows (for example, participant registration number – 15): 15_1_ Rusalka _2_Valse Triste _3_ Birds Song _4_ Northern Lights
2) or in the form of separate video recordings of competitive works, each file must be signed (registration number and title of a specific work in accordance with the sequence of performances), for example (participant registration number – 15): 15_1_Valse Triste_ Sibelius
15_2_Song of the minstrel_ Glazunov
etc. by the number of works of the declared competition program.
• Each piece should be shot in one continuous take. It is forbidden to process using any effects and edit video during performance.
• The video must clearly show the competitor (full height), the accompanist and the instrument (piano or grand piano). In the group nomination, all members of the group / ensemble must be clearly visible.
• Due to the COVID – 19 situation, it is allowed to use the accompaniment recording (piano / grand piano) for the 2022 competition. The phonogram (backing track) should not contain anything but music. Orchestral accompaniment and backing tracks created in MIDI format are not allowed.
• Exceeding the time limit for the execution of the competition program by more than 60 seconds is not allowed. If the video recording does not comply with the technical requirements of the Competition, the organizing committee has the right to demand that the video material be provided in the required quality or to reject the application.
PERFORMANCE OF THE PARTICIPANTS IN THE COMPETITION
All participants are divided on Junior section (age groups under 12 years old and 12-15 years old) and Senior section (age groups 16-20 and older than 20 years old).
For all participants the online competition shall be held in one round.
Soloists and collectives can participate in the competition in next categories: