ICA Plays On! was the International Clarinet Association’s first virtual event, held June 26-28, 2020 through a series of Zoom webinars. During each panel, we collected all resources mentioned and have compiled them into the list below for you to access after the event.
If you would like to re-watch this panel, you can view it on the ICA official YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlb75acZSfk
Disclaimer: Any products, pieces, websites, or other resource mentioned during this panel are the opinions of the panelists.
Panelists (listed alphabetically):
Jonathan Copeland – Clarinets by Copeland (https://betterclarinets.com/)
Brian Corbin – B. Corbin Clarinet Products (https://www.corbinclarinetproducts.com/)
John Weir – Taplin-Weir Inc. (http://taplinweir.com/)
Melanie Wong (http://www.melawong.com/); RDG Woodwinds (https://rdgwoodwinds.com/)
- John Weir article: Equipment Matters: Clarinet Crack Prevention Guide (December 2018 issue of The Clarinet) – ICA members can read this and all other back issues of the journal in our online portal
- Book: Fundamentals of Musical Acoustics by Arthur H. Benade
- Book: The Clarinet Revealed: An Essay on the Clarinet by Ernest Ferron
- Book: Band Instrument Repairing Manual by Eric D. Brand
- Book: Schmidt, Robert Clarinetist’s Notebook by Robert Schmidt
Equipment every clarinetist should have on hand for repairs: Teflon tape/plumber’s tape; hair ties (not rubber bands)
Website with informative articles: Clark W. Fobes (https://www.clarkwfobes.com/)