The mission of the International Clarinet Association
The International Clarinet Association is a community of clarinetists and clarinet enthusiasts that supports projects that will benefit clarinet performance; provides opportunities for the exchange of ideas, materials, and information among its members; fosters the composition, publication, recording, and distribution of music for the clarinet; encourages the research and manufacture of a more definitive clarinet; encourages communication and cooperation among clarinetists and the music industry; and encourages and promotes the performance and teaching of a wide variety of repertoire for the clarinet.
To these ends, the association is dedicated to fostering communication and fellowship of clarinetists on a worldwide basis through publishing a quarterly scholarly journal, The Clarinet, producing an annual clarinet festival, ClarinetFest®, supporting a research library with materials available to all members, and promoting a variety of other endeavors related to the clarinet and clarinet playing.
Benefits of becoming a member of the International Clarinet Association
- Subscription to The Clarinet – the official, quarterly publication of the International Clarinet Association.
- Masterclasses, Music, and More! – join us at the annual ClarinetFest® where you may attend masterclasses, concerts, lectures, and special events. It’s a great opportunity to meet clarinet players from all over the world.
- Anderson Musical Instrument Insurance Solutions, LLC – ICA members who remain in good standing are eligible to receive discounted clarinet insurance through Anderson Musical Instrument Insurance Solutions, LLC.
- Naxos Music Library – all ICA members have complimentary access to the Naxos Music Library.
- Research Center – the International Clarinet Association has a vast selection of music and research materials which is maintained at the University of Maryland’s Special Collection Library. Members are permitted to borrow items in person or via mail.
- Competitions – each year the International Clarinet Association sponsors competitions in the fields of composition, research, and performance.
How to become a member of the ICA
Becoming a member of the ICA is easy! If you’re interested in becoming a member, here’s a step-by-step to get you started:
- Go to our online membership form.
- Select the membership level you wish you purchase. There are several different options (digital, print, one or two year memberships, etc), so look and choose which is most applicable to your situation. Please note that our memberships do not include recurring payments, so make a reminder to yourself to renew your subscription before it lapses.
- Enter your email address and security check.
- Fill in the application form with name, address, affiliations, and other information.
- Provide payment information.
- Enjoy the benefits of the ICA and connect with other members from around the world!