Happy New Year! The ICA would like to wish you another year full of great music!
Here are 5 ways you can set yourself up for success in 2020 and beyond:
- Be specific about your goals. The start of a new year is a great time to revisit your musical goals and resolutions. Make a list of all the goals you hope to achieve this year, and write down specific ways you can reach each goal.
- Carve out time in your calendar to dedicate towards your goals. There’s a reason many resolutions don’t last very long! Make sure you set aside dedicated time every day/week/month or any other interval to working towards achieving your goals.
- Reach out to other driven musicians. Team up with a practice buddy (online or in real life) to discuss your goals and hold each other accountable throughout the year.
- Embrace the power of networking. Try to reach out to a friend, colleague, mentor, or musical inspiration regularly to widen your professional network. This is a great way to connect with other musicians who might lead to future opportunities.
- Celebrate your victories. Music can seem like an interminable maze of challenges, which is why it’s extra important to recognize all of your existing success. As you work towards your goals, take time to celebrate all the small but crucial ways you’ve improved and how these can help you continue to achieve your musical goals.
Leave a comment below with your musical goals and resolutions and any advice you’d like to share to help others achieve their goals.
Happy New Year!