Did you know that the International Clarinet Association has a Resource Library with hundreds of clarinet scores and music available to any current ICA member?
The ICA Resource Library is housed at the Michelle Smith Performing Arts Library at the University of Maryland. The library features a large collection of clarinet music and resource materials available exclusively to ICA members. Members can visit the library or borrow materials from the collection by mail.
Here are all the steps so you can start browsing and borrowing some of these clarinet treasures. (These steps can also be found on the ICA website under the Resource Library tab once you are logged in to your account.)
- Visit www.lib.umd.edu/scpa/register and create a special collections researcher account
- Once you have an account, please visit the Score Collections Database (http:www.lib.umd.edu/scpa/scores) and search for the music you wish to borrow.
- When getting search results, you can filter the results to just the ICA Score Collection by clicking the ICA box in the left hand column under “Search Filters”
- For each piece you wish to borrow, please click on the Request from Special Collections button found at the top of each database record.
- This will bring you to the New Request page in our special collections service system. In the left-hand column you will see “Order a Reproduction” – click on the link for “Score Loan Request.”
- At the present, you have to complete the form indicating the work and inventory number for each item. (This process will be adjusted in the future to be less tedious.)
- You can still borrow up to 15 items, and we will ship the scores upon receipt of payment — still only checks or money orders made payable for University of Maryland. Please visit the following page to determine the appropriate service fee: http://www.lib.umd.edu/scpa/scores/fees