Loren Kitt Memorial Scholarship
The Loren Kitt Memorial Fund was established after the passing of clarinetist Loren Kitt in 2017 through an initial donation from Mr. Anthony Cecere, a French hornist and colleague of Loren’s in the American Chamber Players. This fund was established to recognize excellence in chamber music, an area of performance for which Loren Kitt was highly regarded. This fund will be used for an annual scholarship for a chamber ensemble that has been invited to perform at each summer’s ClarinetFest®️.
Each year, the Loren Kitt Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to an up-and-coming chamber ensemble that has demonstrated exceptional chamber musicianship.
The recipient ensemble of the Loren Kitt Memorial Scholarship will receive a $1,000 scholarship, complimentary registration to ClarinetFest®, and a featured performance at the festival. Travel and other expenses will be the responsibility of the scholarship recipients.
- The Loren Kitt Memorial Scholarship is open to U.S. and non-U.S. residents.
- The scholarship is open to ensembles that feature at least one clarinetist.
- Ensembles should consist of 3 to 6 musicians.
- Previous recipients are not eligible to apply.
- Invited to perform at ClarinetFest® during the year of application.
To apply, please complete the application form here: https://forms.gle/TaUxJajJ1PZVweef9