Showcase Stage at ClarinetFest® 2021
ClarinetFest® 2021 in Fort Worth, Texas will feature the first performance area exclusively devoted to young clarinetists. The Showcase Stage is designated for clarinet ensembles (6 or more performers) comprised of school-age student performers (primary and secondary students only, up to age 18 and/or including graduating high school seniors of 2021).
Non-clarinetist ensemble directors do not have to be a registered member of ICA to submit a Showcase Stage proposal. All student members of clarinet ensembles selected for performance as part of the Showcase Stage will be registered for ClarinetFest® 2021 at no cost.
NOTE: All minors (children under the age of 18) must be accompanied by an adult (teacher/guardian over the age of 21) while attending ClarinetFest® events.
Parents and guardians accompanying these groups will have access to the Showcase Stage performance area without conference registration. NOTE: This performance area is an informal space located close to the exhibit hall entrances and the center of conference activity.
Details for Directors:
- Performance time for the Showcase Stage is limited to a 30-minute maximum time frame from set-up to exit.
- Performances should be acoustic only – without amplification – in consideration of the many surrounding performances and lectures running concurrently.
- The Showcase Stage area will include music stands and chairs for performers.
- All instruments must be provided by the performing group.
- There is no storage room, dressing room, or warm-up area guaranteed.
- For program planning, please include your setup/warmup/exit time within the 30-minute maximum time frame.
- Email notification of your proposal status will be by March 1, 2021.
- Applicants must follow instructions to verify participation by April 1, 2021.
- All ensembles must comply with the requirements stated here and in subsequent communication.
- Scheduling information will become available April 15, 2021. A link to this information will be provided via email.
Information needed to complete a Showcase Stage proposal:
- Ensemble director(s) name and contact information including mailing address, cell phone, and email
- Performing group name and a brief description of the ensemble
- Performers names, school affiliation, mailing address, and email
- Preferred day for your Every effort will be made to accommodate requests but we cannot guarantee date preferences
- Audio file(s) that represents your group’s musical abilities – not to exceed 8 total minutes – instructions and file specifications on Acceptd portal for ClarinetFest® 2021 Showcase Stage proposals
The proposal application deadline for the Showcase Stage ONLY is February 15, 2021. Please find more information and submit Showcase Stage proposals through the Acceptd portal. Please note there is a $20 application fee to submit a proposal. General questions about the Showcase Stage can be directed to the Coordinator of the Showcase Stage at ClarinetFest® 2021, Paula Corley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit https://app.getacceptd.com/ica to fill out an application today!